Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Blogging in the Back

Birdie's got a new pet...a dead cicada named "Scooby". We told her that she needs to take good care of it so it won't die. :) She's been taking it everywhere and "feeding" it raisins. We've been enjoying our time at home before we leave again next Monday. We had a great time in Arlington, TX with our preteens doing missions. I went as a cook. I enjoyed it but it was really physically demanding. All of the plumbing and cooking equipment was on the first floor. I was climbing about 15 flights a day with ice chests, grocery bags, crock pots, etc. I made up for it though and ate my weight in Little Debbie's!!! For a few quiet hours everyday, I was left alone with the bevy of Little Debbie's the other cook would buy. It was like a buffet from hell! It's absolutely my weakness so I don't know if being left in a cabin to sneak eat is my calling; I don't have enough self-control to just play cards or something normal. We've ruined my parents from ever taking Suzy's children to Six Flags. They brought ours down to join us on our Six Flags day so they could hitch a ride back to AR on the church bus. My parents said that they would be happy to bring the girls to us again next year but they WILL NEVER go to Six Flags again! Poor guys! Sorry! I'm placing my last few orders for Beatle's curriculum. I got further confirmation just today that I'm making the right decision for Beatle. I'll spare you the story but I just have a peace about it. At the present time, I'm sitting in the back of children's church listening to this goofy dinosaur/creation video Brent is having the kids watch. I feel guilty that these kids have to suffer through this and I'm blogging by the glow of the iPad so I guess I'll join them. TaTa

No comments:

Post a Comment