Sunday, November 11, 2012

Howl-o-ween pt. 2

To expound on my last blog, we did a big Trunk-or-Treat and tons of families from the community came. And as the Children's Minister, Brent had a rainout plan but he did not, however, have one for if someone was wearing a black t-shirt with white lettering spelling "F@$& YOU". So awkward! I felt so bad for Brent. He made a judgement call to let her go through the trunk-or-treat but some people didn't agree with his call, others thought he was doing nothing so someone approached her at the end with the police officer with them and asked her to change shirts or leave. He even said he had a shirt she could borrow. But the whole situation was so awkward! The pastor thought Brent should have given her a choir robe to wear! I just can't believe someone would think they could throw on a shirt like that and hit the town! I can see both sides, honestly. It was a community event and I don't think we should go out and ask others to change before we get to know who they are. But, at the same time, it's within our right to have wholesome standards for a kids' event. Who knew he needed to have a plan for that??? We'll add that to the list. Brent's in Africa for about 10 days! I can't believe he beat me to the Motherland! I hope and pray he has a life changing experience! Sometimes I need a distance-makes-the-heart-grow-fonder trip. And I know we will be so excited to see him and we still have a week left! It's been awesome tho having a free expression weekend with no one questioning why I'm spray painting, cutting up (his) t-shirts, or buying an old ladder. Sometimes you lose something in the explanation. But, as we resume our regular schedule, we are going to miss going to his office or seeing him at lunch. We'll be brave tho! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment