Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Spills, Thrills and Chills

I had a list going of all the things I should blog about but of course I couldn't find it when I had a chance to blog.

I've started selling Scentsy. It just seemed to crazy not to. Here, no one really knows about it and the ones who did wanted to buy from someone but didn't know who to go to. So far, I haven't made ANY money but it's been fun. :) haha!

Scentsy does remind me of a Birdie story. She is into EVERYTHING! I have come to the conclusion that most of the stress in my life right now comes from trying to accomplish too much when she's awake. We're just in that stage where if I leave her unattended for too long some sort of catastrophe is brewing. I had my trial scents where she could reach but they're all wax and in jars she'd have to unscrew. I didn't care to much if she rifled around in them. Well, I forgot about the room spray. I have no idea how a 8 month old figured out how to unscrew the lid but she was sitting in a mess of aromatic oil when I came back...and it was sticky! (Not what I imagined.) Our house smells awesome though and so do all my cleaning rags which makes me want to suggest to the company that they start doing a line of some sort of laundry fragrances!

I have never been so thankful for my hardwood floors in all my life! Just the other day, Beatle walked in with her grape creamslush and it just fell to the floor as soon as we walked through the door. Purple goo was oozing everywhere. I just stood there for a second until it soaked in what just happened...it's not everyday you see something that color on your floors.

We've since learned that the fireplace that BR tried to install could have blown us to smitherines because it was originally made for propane not natural gas. So, we've got to try to re-coop our money and sell it to someone who has propane; not to mention, thank the Good Lord for sparing us once again from our own ignorance.

Beatle spent the night last weekend with her best friend and I thought she'd never come home and then when they did go their separate ways, they just cried and cried so we let them talk on the phone and invited her over after church on Sunday. I'm so glad Beatle has found a good friend from a nice family!!!

Beatle broke up a fight at rugtime yesterday...I heard about it from another teacher who said that she just cracks them up. She apparently asserted that he calm down while she held the boy's fists until he calmed down a little bit. Then he started to do the boxer shuffle with his dukes still up asking Beatle, "You want a piece of me, Beatle? You want a piece of this?" bahaha! I am rueful to say that this is the boy that is still her boyfriend. I told Beatle that she doesn't want a man like that to marry. I asked her, "Do you ever see dad try to fight me?" "Yeah!" she declared from the backseat. Ding, dong! Scuffling is NOT the same as real fighting.

She and I went to the Little Rock Philharmonic Orchestra to listen to spooky music from popular movies and symphonies. We had a date and we enjoyed it a lot. Coming in costume was encouraged so she wore her Indian costume and I dressed up like the conductor. Right before we got out of the car, she made me wipe off my fake mustache because she was afraid they wouldn't let me go into the girls restroom with her. haha! She's turning into such a worrier. Aren't kids not supposed to give a rip? Even in the balcony, I could tell she was stressing and she finally told me it was because she thought the balcony would collapse. My mom worried at a young age because her parents were emotionally unstable at times. What are Beatle's tendencies telling me???

Also, Beatle says "Hatan" instead of "Satan". It's quite cute because she's usually talking quite seriously when she says it.

I better get back to tending to the house and the babe before she starts teething on the toilet brush or something! Oh, have I posted that she pulled our laptop off of an endtable and killed it??? Yeah! I'm on a borrowed one. Children are blessings from the Lord!!! :) It's times like those when I have to remind myself that people are more important than things. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment