Wednesday, October 27, 2010

She Gets Me

My daughter, Beatle, has a sense of humor very much like mine. We are definitely two different people but she gets me...my five-year-old gets me. I can be talking to another kid and slide some discreet humor in the mix and Beatle will just look at me with twinkly eyes and I know that she knows what just happened. Or like tonight, in our car in the parking lot after church, we were hungry and I was rifling around in my wallet to see if I had any money and after I looked through it, I turned to her casually and asked, "You wanna go get a beer?" And then we both start howling with laughter at the same time, the same way. If I could put that sound in a mystical conch shell and wear it around my neck like Ursula the Sea Witch, I would. She's my daughter, first and foremost, but she's also my buddy.

3 comments:

  1. oh how funny! i hope to have that...some day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is an amazing little girl. I love that she has your sense of humor and story-telling charm. It makes me excited to see Faith grow!

    ReplyDelete