Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Double Doozie

Oh, just that title makes me hungry. I lost myself for a moment thinking of those wonderful $4.50 creations at American Cookie Company, is it? Anywho, I laid down to take a wee nap on Sunday and I felt like I had drank too much communion wine or something. The room was absolutely spinning. I found it really hard to rest because I was so dizzy. I was still having headaches all day and ditched Financial Peace so I could get some peace of my own while everyone was gone. That night, I stayed up until 2 am just because every time I laid down, I felt like I was going to barf. Then, I finally did and got a little sleep. I've been struggling with this for a few days and then when I had to get off the phone with my sis because I felt like hurling, I made a doctor's appt. My mom and I were running down the list of what could be wrong (preggers? type 2 diabetes? blood pressure? brain tumors?) haha, ok not the last one. Went in today and I was ecstatic to know that I just had two ear infections! It was so weird, because in all fairness to my mom and her "medical degree" she suggested that first, but I never had any pain. Isn't that funny how our minds can race though and turn situations into something so much bigger?

Beatle and Birdie got their flower girl dresses in today for my sister's wedding. They are just precious! Birdie going down the aisle is going to stress me out. She's so cantankerous. She's at that age now where she's mimicking things and it's so cute! Today, she started "shhh"ing with her pudgy fingers over her pursed lips. She's seen us shhh her screaming mimi of a foster sister too many times, I suppose.

We found out from Baby's caseworker that, if we weren't prepared for it before, to prepare ourselves now that we should be in it for the long haul. She projected to stay until Halloween but of course anything could happen. I'm learning so much from this experience. One of the things is that she's just intrinsically different than us. She's been through a lot, I know, but her coping mechanisms are different than my girls'. And she's SO much louder. Have I mentioned that already? :) She just bellers. It's startling really. Beatle really has a fondness for her and we do to. We hope to be a bright beginning for her. We do ask for you to pray for us and her mom as it's very much of a question mark if she will even go to her great aunt and uncle's in OK.

Aunt Becky comes this weekend and then my family after that! We're looking forward to some company. It's been a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment