Monday, April 2, 2012

Gotcha, God! :)

Beatle's been praying her little heart out again. With all of the household changes, we weren't being very consistent on a bedtime routine but we're getting situated again with Bible reading (thanks Amanda for introducing us to the ZonderKids Bible thru your blog--we love it!) and praying. Last night, Beatle was just chit-chatting with God. I so wish I could take a picture of BR's face while she prays. After a long day, it's a mix of pleasure in listening to his little girl talk to God and "Could ya wrap this thing up, already?!?" Well, last night I was stifling my "church giggles" when she said, "God, you are my real dad. My dad on Earth isn't a real dad." BR and I exchanged glances and I almost lost it. "I mean, of all the dads on Earth, he's the best dad I've ever had." She went on awhile longer and finally was wrapping it up and said, "And God, I just hope you have a great Christmas Eve today. Just kidding! April Fools! Amen." I couldn't help it. I lost it. The three of us both did. That girl's so crazy.

Birdie's been enjoying playing doctor lately. Now that she knows the word "Come" she's running me even more ragged. :) No, I'm truly cherishing this time with just her. Now that the days are nice, we've been spending the mornings outside on our swing set. She loves being outside. She accidentally put her hand down on a caterpillar and it surprised her so that kind of ruined the caterpillar catching for her, for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment