Monday, April 9, 2012

Tramping and Stamping

Late Breaking News...we suffered a monkey bar trauma during after-school tutoring on Thursday. (Funny, I thought she was staying after for tutoring, not extra recess but that is a small side note.) I got a call to come get Beatle. I decided to take her straight to Urgent Care even though I thought it might just be a sprain but she actually did fracture it! :( They put it in a hard splint and we will have to have it casted some time this week. For someone like Beatle, who's temperament already bends the melancholy way, the first 24 hours were very tearful. These moments of sadness would wash over her when she realized yet another limitation she would have to face being a temporary one-armed person. "No swimming! No gymnastics! No cartwheels!!!" (Cartwheels are her life! If you have the privelege to be around her much, you've probably had a swift kick to the gut or at least a close call. She can't help herself. She can go into a cartwheel trance anyplace, anytime. Beware!) Her mental state is much better now but she's been so clumsy this weekend and has fallen at least a half-dozen times; it's made me a nervous wreck. It's like she's bound and determined to break both arms!

Yesterday for Easter, I had the girls' matching dresses all laid out with their headbands but it wasn't until Saturday night that I realized that they had completely outgrown their white shoes and they had nothing but tennis shoes or black dress shoes to wear! haha! I can't believe I overlooked that! Thankfully, I'm getting ready for a consignment sale so I dug out some shabby white shoes for them to wear. (Beatle crammed into some 2 sizes too small!) The girls looked fantastic from the knees up. :) I'll have to pick some new ones up for them soon.

Birdie is just talking away. After they hunted eggs, we gave them some gifts; of which, Beatle got some earrings. Birdie just announced, "Dolphins!" We were all stunned. She nailed it. Dolphins aren't animals that are often in animal board books or anything so we were shocked. About 10 minutes later, Beatle said, "La-la, say 'Beatle, I forgive you.'" Birdie said, "Heck no!!!". She's a mess. Poor thing, she couldn't make a good choice to save her life on Saturday. I'm so glad Brent was home too that day; she wore me smooth out. We are trying so hard to celebrate her good choices because she could give a flying flip about the negative consequences. Yesterday, she had a great day and before bed we each grabbed a limb and hoisted her up and down cheering for her. That was fun. :) We're doing lots of hand stamps and praising.

On Friday, we went "tramping". Brent projected a movie onto the building behind our house and we ate Little Debbies and slept on the trampoline. He has lots of great ides. The difference between him and myself is that he can make them happen. I just dream it but don't understand what I'd need to make it happen. I'm like an ape banging tech things together with my guttural cries.

After we hunted eggs, I thought it would be fun before we pitched them into the canyon to throw them like pop-flies in the air and try to catch them with a butterfly net. Then, Brent couldn't resist and tried to nail Beatle with one. (He said that it was all broken up but we just saw it whiz by her head.) That turned into war! Birdie was walking around shaking her finger at us saying, "No fight!" Then, Beatle tried to get me and cracked poor Birdie in the back of the head. So then, Beatle was public enemy number one! Even though our Easter was a little different this year, we still had a great time and Samson loved the backyard clean-up duty.

No comments:

Post a Comment