Sunday, July 11, 2010

Blasting Off

Alright...we are fixing to roll out with the preteens. Destination: Arlington, TX for a great week of mission work. I'm doing the last sweep through of the house making sure we've gotten everything and about to turn off the computer but it's kind of boring when you get the house nice and tidy but have a few minutes to spare. God forbid I dirty any dishes or throw anything away in the trash that could be stinky in a week. The girls are in OK with their grandparents having fun. This sure beats last summer when Beatle and I were left behind.

Some funny things Beatle has said recently:

She was raving about my cooking. "Mom, you sure make some good, good fried chicken." Hmmm...it was ribs. Maybe just a simple case of mistaken identity?

Then, (I've already told you this Momo) I was tossing Birdie up in the air (probably pretty recklessly according to most mature adults) and we were having lots of fun. Beatle said, "Mom, what if you didn't catch her?" I told her how they would probably have some questions for me at the hospital and how I'd probably get in trouble. With our foster care endeavors, she knows that sometimes when parents get in trouble, their kids go live somewhere else for a little while. She loyally announced that if she got taken away, she'd "poop in their butts!" hahaha!!!! What??? "Oh, I mean, I'd poop in my pants." hahaha!!!

She "donked" her tooth when she was 18 mos old. It "died" and turned gray but it's had some more issues lately so we went to the dentist Friday and he recommended we pull it. He thinks she hit it again somehow and it's really just a sick tooth that we don't want to get any sicker and cause her pain if it abcesses. So, a week from this Tuesday, the tooth fairy comes to visit the Roberts house for the very first time!

Birdie will be turning 6 mos while we are apart. It's so crazy! 6 months ago, I went through heck after having her and couldn't even imagine being/feeling normal again but I've bounced right back (as most women do) and can barely remember that crazy day. When Beatle turned 6 mos, I had a little party and made a big deal about it. This time, it came so fast--I realized last week that I'm still trying to cram her into 0-3 mos clothes! She's still 2 mos old in my mind! (Which completely explains why my body still looks like this...until I remember how old she really is. Bummer! No more excuses.) Children are such treasures! And, it's crazy to think back on this time last year when it was just me and Beatle here at the house while BR was gone to TX. Birdie was just a little gummy bear in my tummy but we didn't know her yet and all of the joy she's brought to our home.

It's time to blast off! Keep us in your prayers if you think of us this week. It's a good group we are taking and we're ready to tell some kids about Christ! (and ride Superman: Tower of Power)

2 comments:

  1. When I hear these stories [even twice] it gives me a slight desire to go get pregnant right now. But, by the time I typed that the moment passed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! you're so funny! the heavens will rejoice when you and justin get pregnant. but the angels better not blink or they'll miss it. bahahaha! just kidding.

    ReplyDelete