Monday, March 7, 2011

Frickin' Ow!

Baby has been enrolled into Daycare. I feel a little chump about it but on the other hand, I feel so thankful. There are only a handful of people who can watch her due to the fact that she's a "ward of the State" and most of those people aren't available to help during the day (including my dear husband). So, it has been super nice to be able to have an opportunity to bond with Birdie, get some things done, etc; all the while, know she's being cared for. Plus, it gives me time to miss her and you know what they say about distance...(in unison) it makes the heart grow fonder.

Beatle's birthday is Saturday. Yay for 6! She's admitted that it feels like she's been 5 forever. :) We've got an exciting barnyard birthday party planned for Saturday morning. And then on Sunday after church, we're leaving town so there's quite a few loose ends to tie up this week but I think it will be fun work--getting ready for a party and for a trip.

Our gift to Beatle was to take her on a date, just the three of us, eat at the restaurant of her choice, get her haircut at a "salon" (not by mom on the back porch anymore), and get her ears pierced. You see, this plan can work and be affordable when they are 6. She wants to get her haircut at Walmart (just like mom!) and the restaurant that she chose was actually the Subway IN Walmart. We have yet to do our date but those are her big plans for us. haha! (you can see that we don't get out much.) However, BR did take all of us to the mall on Saturday night (which was a horrifying experience in itself--the mall crowd on a Saturday night was, shall we say, much different than the Branson, rainbows and sunshine crowd we typically run with. It made us come home and PRAY for our children and the boys they will date and the men they will marry. yikesville!) Anywhoo, we were going to check out Claire's with Brendle to get her excited for next weekend's date and to test the waters to see if she REALLY wanted to go through with her ear piercing. She watched intently as an 8-year-old got her ears pierced and they turned around, announcing that she was ready to do it. We went ahead and let her do it. Why not? It saves us a trip to the mall later. She was brave but jittery too. When they were pierced she said "Ow! Frickin' Ow!" but no tears. Her smile was wide when she peeked in the mirror afterwards. All day on Sunday, she'd have moments where she'd pontificate aloud, "I can't believe I got my ears pierced!" I was proud of her. She looks as cute as a bug. I walked up on Beatle having a conversation with a lady at church and the lady caught me up and said, "She told me she got her ears pierced and I told her that I thought she was way too young but her momma didn't ask me, now did she?" Nope. We don't take church wide votes for things like that. Sorry if that lets you down a little but watch American Idol and you can cast a vote there. Ahh, oh well. Can't please everyone. But we made one soon-to-be 6-year-old very happy without doing anything immoral or illegal. Happy Birthday Week, Beatle! You are beautiful on the inside and the out!

3 comments:

  1. i may have a guess as to who that lady was. :) just kidding. loved seeing ya'll this weekend. love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh. The joys of living in a fish bowl. I do NOT miss that one little bit.
    Sounds like Beatle is doing a little better than the last post. I've been thinking and praying a lot for her, being a product of kindergarten separation anxiety myself from a major life change. I remember being so stressed out about missing my mom and I, as a 5/6 year old, couldn't even put into words why I felt that way. Honestly, I don't even know if I really knew. At any rate, it passed and I'm fine. She will be fine, however long it takes.
    And can I say that I honestly CANNOT believe
    she is 6 years old! I can't believe how much our lives have changed. She is the most wonderful 6 year old I know!
    love ya!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!!!! I have found the way into the Blog!!!! I am embarrased that it took me so long. I tried through blogspot.com and that was my trouble...very complicated for someone like me. I didn't know that I could just go directly to your blog, COCO. I feel like an undercover agent using code names and such. I hope I will be able to go back and read to the very beginning. How exciting for a Nana!!!!! Thank you for blogging Coco! What a special gift to your family. The kids will love to read all about their growing up and it will help us as we miss much of the day to day stories. Well, gotta go. I have a lot of reading to do!!! :)

    ReplyDelete