Friday, December 9, 2011

Fat Larry

Ahh...Larry's Pizza. We throw down in that place! We used to have one here but then we didn't and now we do again...the saga continues. We would drive a town away just to eat when we didn't have it. We broke the new one in today. I saw a girl from the fitness ministry up there and made her solemnly pledge she would not count how many times I got up to go back to the buffet. Since I drew attention to it, she probably kept a tally mark at her table. :) In the car, before we went in, Brent said in his most cautious voice, "Let's lose our minds in there." It took me a second to realize that the word "NOT" wasn't in that warning. Beatle and I have this running joke about that place; their supreme pizza is called "Fat Larry". When they are busy, the waitresses walk around with the pizza calling out what they have. On more than one occasion, Beatle and I have been hunched over, going to town on our slices when some one comes up behind us and calls us a "Fat Larry". It makes you want to spin around and ask if they kiss their mothers with that mouth until you realize that they're just offering you a slice of pizza. So, Beatle and I will randomly say to each other "Fat Larry!" We've gotten so used to it that we usually wind up calling the place Fat Larry's.

Today, Brent, Birdie and I had a really nice day. Brent was off work and neither of us had any obligations so we ran errands together. On our way home from Fat Larry's, he sighed a contented sigh and said, "I love it when it's just the two of us." Gesturing to the backseat, he continued, "And sometimes, I just ignore her and pretend like it's still just the two of us." Well, that explains a lot, buddy! :)

Wish me luck...we're going to try to do Santa pictures this weekend. I tried to lay the groundwork with Birdie but it was quite evident when she saw him earlier today that she hated his guts. She's going to be a cryer unless we can work through this in group therapy before our attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment