Thursday, May 31, 2012

There's only one way to spell Coke and that's not it.

I'm so thankful that my children don't know yet that they have the meanest mom in the world. Ok, I'm not THE worst but I've been so pumped up by my homeschooling literature that I sprung it on Beatle after a week off of school that we're starting up. She wasn't thrilled but she has hung with me and we have had a great time. On Memorial Day, I realized that her skills are at their peak right now, she doesn't want to go outside because it's so hot, we're already doing the Summer Reading Program at the Library, and I don't want her to lay around watching TV because "she deserves it" so why not go toward more of a year-round schooling format? It's like we're getting a headstart so I already feel successful. We've had a great time; however, it has proved a little tricky with Birdie running around. That girl is fiercely persistent and contrary. I love her so much but sometimes (like today!) the only thing that gets me through is remembering how much I wanted her. We have GOT to point that girl in the right direction and she will be a force to be reckoned with for God and His glory but if not, it could potentially be every parent's worst nightmare. Beatle's a funny lady. I was teaching the kids' Wednesday night class last night and she was busting my chops in all the right ways--so hilarious but not disrespectful. However, we're realizing that Birdie will also do about anything for a laugh. She thinks it's hilarious to pray for poop everynight now. She gets stuck on it like a scratched record...only because big sister thought it was funny two nights ago. Beatle is trying to spell secret messages to me but it's pretty sketchy since she just finished 1st grade! She also likes to try to spell really fast. I can't even begin to think of how many times I've cringed and told her that C-O-C-K does NOT spell Coke!!! Aghhh! We are living in the house of horrors! We have wasps that live in the attic during the summer and sometimes they can drop down through our recessed lighting and buzz our heads. Then, after we came in from the back yard, Birdie had a flea on her leg and later, I had one on my arm. Yesterday, 3 giant waterbugs appeared in 3 different rooms. When I was going to walk around to the front of the house to push the trash to the curb, I saw a huge snakeskin by our back porch and wait...it actually CAN get worse...we have something living in our bedroom wall!!! Hold me! Thank the Lord we bumped it up to a quarterly contract last time our pest control guy was here and he's coming tomorrow. My eyes are constantly sweeping the floors, walls, yard and Brent is sleeping closest to the scary wall as my buffer. Is it any wonder that poor Birdie is having nightmares of "big bugs"???

No comments:

Post a Comment