Wednesday, September 8, 2010

All the Homeroom Moms used to wear Tiaras

Beatle's been cracking us up lately! We were going thru every drawer, shelf and cupboard looking for excess things to sell in our yard sale (which was lucrative, btw). I found my tiara that I wore in my wedding 7 years ago. The colors were starting to change and I thought When will I ever wear this again? So, I gave it to Beatle. My mom would probably freak, but really, when would a 27-year-old woman wear a tiara??? It was probably ridiculous to even wear it 7 years ago. Anyways, she was thrilled and wore it a few times. The other day she came to the table with it on and asked us, "You know why I'm wearing this crown all the time?" Pause. We shake our heads no. "Because sometimes I think y'all forget that I'm the princess in this house." bahaha!

Talking about my wedding, my sister sent me a text this weekend saying that she was watching some old home movies right around the time of my wedding and sandwiched in betweeen all of the wedding festivities there was a movie that we made starring Suzy as "Snoog" just days before my wedding. haha! Shows you what my priorities were at the time. Then, there was a special rendition of a musical dance number from Chicago that we reinacted and recorded wearing some of the new pieces I got from my personal shower. bahaha! We look like Mormon Sister Wives. We just always loved to play no matter how old we were. I hope that for Beatle and Birdie.

Drumroll...it's official. My life is turning into a stereotype. I'm a homeroom mom! I love it. Now, I just need to lose 30 lbs (or more!) and drive a Toyota Sienna.

Yesterday, I walked into Birdie's room when I heard she was up from her nap. I rounded the corner to find her STANDING up in her crib! It was an unbelivable suprise. She looked so proud of herself too. Cute, cute! It is a matter of time before she's walking. She's got an adventurous spirit. Beatle took her first steps at 14 months; Birdie will be sprinting by then.

I found a cute Halloween costume for Birdie at a consignment event in town. She's going to be a Cowgirl and Beatle is going to be an Indian (because, of course, she is one anyways). Can't wait to go trick-or-treating again this year. Last year was so much fun!

Last week, Birdie got her first ear infection and then broke out into a rash but we all got our first full night's sleep last night since the onset of the fever and craziness that comes with a sick kid. We've all been wearing a little thin. I think we've entered our "no kissing" season. Oh, I'll probably kiss them anyways even if they are germy as all get out.

Friday is Grandparent's Day at school. Our friends (and our AR parents), Danny and Connie Bryson, are going to be stand-ins for Beatle. I'm glad she'll have someone.

My computer's been on the fritz so no telling how active I'll be online. Love you all!

2 comments:

  1. sooo glad the brysons are going for grandparents day. how fun! i am the homeroom mom for jacksons class too... soo fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. why not wear a tiara? i can see you scrubbing a toilet with a sparkly crown upon your brow! i love these stories more than you know. can't wait for you to get birdie her first pair of nikes. :)

    ReplyDelete