Monday, September 20, 2010

Snowing in the Shower and Other Ways to Torture your Young 'ens

Tonight was fun. I work the front desk at the Fitness Ministry a few hours a week, normally on Monday nights so BR's decided (with my prodding) that Monday's can be "Daddy Cooks Night". Brilliant, isn't it? Well, tonight he was whipping up pancakes when I came in and talked him into saving it for breakfast and going out for pizza. See how I worked that, ladies??? Two meals out of one man just like that! :)

We were all in a frisky, crazy mood tonight. You might even say that we were whoosing a little without licenses. :) Beatle was supposed to jump in the shower (for the third day in a row! a new record, people! i would give her a break but she keeps coming in smelling like an old dog.) but she kept goofing off and shaking her nekkid booty at me. So, when I finally got her in, I decided to whip out one of my specialties--you know, the cold water over the top of the shower. She was so mad at me! She was talking all big in there so I was going to take it one step further; all the while, BR's pleading with me, "Corrie, you're the adult. You can stop this." haha! I go and open an old box of malt-o-meal and sprinkle it over the top of the shower. hahaha!!! She was furious! Meanwhile, I've had some weevil issues I've been trying to fight with all my good stuff in the fridge/freezer and when I opened the shower door, I see Beatle seething, covered with white and black (weevil) specks. She forgives quicker than most.

During the past few days when I'd ask Beatle to do something, she'd reply in a valley girl voice, "Oh, huh, it would like be the thrill of my life." and roll her eyes. But, she'd go do it. I don't really care if it is or isn't the thrill of her life...NEWSFLASH: wiping Birdie's butt isn't the thrill of my life. trying to oxiclean the sharts out of her underware isn't the thrill of my life. there are a lot of things you're going to have to do that aren't the thrill of your life so JUST DO IT! haha! I'm not upset by this newfound expression yet, I'm still mildly amused by it.

I've been throwing sticky, cooked and unused pasta at my family for years now but the other night when we had lasagna we found out that those noodles are like leather straps after they've sat and cooled for awhile! Instead of pickin' switches, I might have my kids boil their noodles. :) This post, in it's totality, is making me sound really demented and cruel, but I swear, I'm making GOOD memories!

Tonight, during her prayers, Beatle was so cute. (Not many things in this world are as cute as kids' prayers! God must just love them!) She wasn't far into her prayer when she said, "God, I don't like you. (Long pause with my eyebrows shot sky high) I LOVE you. And Jesus, sometimes I get your name mixed up and call you your dad's, I'm sorry and I hope I'm doing it right this time. In Jesus Name, Amen" LOVE IT!

2 comments:

  1. I was literally cackling on the couch this morning reading this! Thank you for giving me a laugh to start my day! I'm going to have to share with the world what Beatle's prayer was...I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you crack me up. i love your posts. AND dont you buy lasagna noodles that you dont have to boil before hand... saves SO much time. AND EASY! loveyou. :)

    ReplyDelete