Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Pigs! Pigs! Pigs!

Much to my dismay, Beatle thinks she's a Razorback fan now that we live in AR. I mean, it's all they got here so I can see how she's been easily brainwashed. We were watching some type of cake-off on Food Network and one of the contestants was from Arkansas so we decided to root for her. Nearing the dramatic conclusion, I told Beatle to "Call the Hogs" which is some sort of combination of the words "Woo Pig" and "Sooie". Although I wish the Razorbacks well, I have yet to call the Hogs myself and don't see that possibility on the horizon anytime soon. I about fell out of my chair laughing when Beatle just starts whooping out "Pigs! Pigs! Pigs! Pigs!" Some fan, huh? :)

This last weekend, the girls and I loaded up and headed to OK for a celebration weekend. My best friend is soon to have her first child so I got to help throw a nice shower with some of my favorite girls in the world and my dad turned 60 so we wanted to celebrate that as well. At my dad's party, we hooked up a Karaoke machine because there's always a guitar and singing when we get together anyways. We thought it would be fun. Beatle has two cousins that she's sandwiched in between and typically all the girls play well together and are really cute because they are 4, 5, and 6. But differences between the three of them are starting to appear as they get older and one of those was glaringly evident while they were singing. Beatle stepped up to the mic to sing children's songs and Bible songs right after the cousins did a run of Lady Gaga and Michael Jackson. For a split second, I thought, "Oh, my child is such a nerd. She doesn't know any of these songs and can't sing with her cousins." And then, my spirit contradicted, "No, wait. She is a child. She's singing the songs she should be singing. To expose her to more mature messages wouldn't benefit her. It's my job right now to guard her heart." Spending most of my time feeling like I don't have a clue how to be a good mom, I felt so proud of Beatle that night.

I love listening to children work out their problems! I always have. The way they "naughty talk" each other cracks me up! On another occasion this weekend, I overheard Beatle and her older cousin tussling. The older cousin was keeping something from Beatle and ran away with it. Beatle followed her into the other room and said, "Sailor, you are the baddest cousin in the world!" haha! I had to break in at that point and have Beatle apologize and get them to work this out better.

When we got back to AR, the weather was finally crisp and cool. We hopped out of the car and went straight to the backyard to play and stretch our legs before the sun set. BR was at night church but had left Beatle's Barbie Jeep charging. So she started driving around and I put Birdie in with her. We got them all strapped in and I got the video camera and they were having fun until Beatle ramped one side of the Jeep on a raised flower bed and flipped the Jeep up on it's driver's side. It seemed to happen in slow motion but I was moving even slower. I got the whole mess to varying degrees on video. Beatle tumbled out and Birdie fell out. I got there right before the Jeep fully flipped right on top of Birdie. Oi-yoi-yoi! I'm telling you...it's always an adventure around here.

Birdie's got 6 teeth now--4 on top and two on bottom. One of her top front teeth has grown in a few days later than the others so it's a shorty which makes for a cute, crazy little smile.

I finally found Birdie's go-to tickle spot. Other places have been mildly amusing but this one is bring-her-to-her-knees ticklish. It's so fun to constant be learning about these little people!

No comments:

Post a Comment