Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Bellies, Behavior and Blessings

I'm such a boring blogger these days!!! Shame on me!!! Let me just say however, I don't know if I've ever felt so fulfilled in all of my life! I love being with my girls and my free time has been filled with keeping a nice house consistently (I think I'm in a new record), having lots of people in my home again, finally completing our foster paperwork/classes/steps (we lack one home study and are excited to get a child in the new year), playing with Scentsy, and am following the Lord's leading to a new sensitivity and reactivity to some homeless friends God has led into my life. When I breathe, I breathe deeply these days but not because I'm tired but because I am so complete and content. Life is full and I'm being used in ways I only hoped I would be just a few short months ago.

Two nights ago Beatle prayed, "God, you're my favorite. I mean, I can just imagine you and me in my bed--cuddling." :) On her thankfulness list, her teacher translated her little scribble scrabble and wrote to the side that her number one was "God" but when I looked closer at it, I saw she wrote "MIGAD". haha! But for those of you who are still hung up on making fun of my kindergartener's simple writing skills, you are missing the "MI" at the beginning of her number one answer. My God. Her God. She's thankful for HER God. That makes a mom's heart swell!

And to touch further on her writing skills, she's actually satisfactory. :) haha! We got her progress report yesterday and she was satisfactory in academic and excellent in conduct. When I told her what her report said and told her the things Mrs. Bettis said we should probably work on a little more with her writing, Beatle paused and asked thoughtfully, "It's behavior that you really care about, right?" Awww! "Yes, Beatle! We care more about your behavior than what's up in your head because we know you are smart and can learn all that when you are ready."

Yesterday, I was trying to negotiate the doctor out of sticking Birdie's finger for an iron check. Alas, he won and, turns out, she IS anemic! So wierd but I'm glad he stuck to his guns, I guess. Just some iron suplements and we should be all patched up.

Birdie turns 10 months tomorrow. I saw a lady tonight a church who is due in 2011 right around the same time I was due with Birdie. And, I started reminiscing about the big belly at Thanksgiving and the clothes I was wearing this time last year...I actually really, really missed being pregnant for a few minutes.

2 comments:

  1. ...and??? that was quite a cliff hanger, missy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That made me cry. I love that she already has such a comfortable and close relationship with Jesus.

    ReplyDelete