Tuesday, November 30, 2010

There's Good Ooeey Gooey and Bad Ooeey Gooey

Oh, I am so sick of us kicking around the stomach bug. We can't be giving it to each other...there's too much lag time between cases. But the first incident was BR on Halloween and it's been in our house on and off for us all since. Icky...I know. Beatle woke up not feeling well on Thanksgiving day. Always in it for the food, she was trying to muscle through and said, "Mom, it's ok. It's just the squirties." We tried to quarantine her as much as possible and warn everyone to keep their distance but alas, several people are down in Oklahoma now probably because of us. When we go back for Christmas, there will probably be Wanted signs hanging around with our pictures on them. "Wanted: For Carelessly Spreading the Squirties". We were 10 miles outside of Hot Springs on our way home when Birdie started throwing up and of course BR starts working himself into a tizzy. It's one of those crisis moments where you have to get the person to lock eyes with you and talk to them in a calming voice, reminding them to breathe. We pulled over but, honestly, I didn't know what I could do for her there that I couldn't do a million times better in just 15 or so minutes. We threw a blanket over her chest and helped Beatle, the whites of her eyes now a brilliant yellow color, whiz on the side of the road. (Honestly, for girls, the best way we've found to assist them urinating on the side of the road is one parent grab her feet and the other under her pits and just let her hang in an "L" position in mid-air. Quick, to the point, and no dribbles!) bahaha! I can't believe I'm really just laying all this madness out. Beatle tooted while in mid-air. I had her pits and I got tickled so hard, it took everything I had to hold her up. What a crazy life sometimes. BR and I get equally freaked out at times to add more but here goes nothing...with our home being open for foster kids soon.

Back to the squirties for a moment, we were praying last night and I was praying for Birdie who doesn't feel well and "for everyone back in Oklahoma that is now sick because Beatle sat on their lap when she had the squirties. Amen." She laughed an embarrassed laugh and said, "I can't believe you told Him that." Like He didn't know! :)

Birdie's cutting more teeth and she goes around clacking and grinding her top and bottom teeth together. Ewww! It is the grossest sound ever! It just doesn't sound right. We keep trying to give her things to chew on but she'll still do it or find things, like our stone coasters to grind her teeth on! Ahhh! Like nails on a chalkboard!

Big News! Yes, you are blog-worthy. :) My sister got engaged at Thanksgiving! He asked in front of all of the family at Thanksgiving dinner--one of those "What are you Thankful for?" moments and KAPOW! a ring appeared. It was so special that we all got to be a part of it! We love Zac and I'm excited he'll be a brother-in-law someday. Beatle's crazy about him, too. And it will be all Birdie ever remembers--Uncle Zac. I'm so happy for my sister, SUZY, who has found a good man and the love of her life!!! I couldn't help that night to see my brother over her shoulder when we were all reveling in their exciting step. My brother and his fiancee were standing side-by-side and I thought how cool it is that love comes at all different times and all different ways--that my little sister and big brother are probably going to get married in the same year (neither couple has set their date yet because of military responsibilities and illness in the family). My brother and sister are 13 years apart. Wow! And the best part is, my girls are getting an awesome uncle and wonderful new aunt! I love both of them a lot! What an exciting time! Now...I just need to be made into an aunt! After the respective weddings, of course. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment