Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Fading

Oh, by the way, I'm in the club: the stay-at-home, cut-your-husband's-hair club! He found some clippers and scissors at a garage sale and brought them home and dubbed me his new barber. I've cut Beatle's hair (when she lets me!) and I think I've done a good job but to think of cutting boy hair is paralyzing. There are clippers to wield and fading to execute. I was TREMBLING when I cut it the first time. After it was over, I was proud because I gave him a pretty bomb-diggity haircut but then he brought to my attention that I didn't go back and cut around his ears so he had longer hair hanging over his ears until I cut it again last night. After scalping him a little, we went shorter all over and I was able to make my mistake blend and it now looks fine. Whew! I'm improving--slowly but surely. He's a brave man. Beatle's begging me to shave a lightening bolt in the back without telling him.

Also, in last week's school newsletter, I found out that Beatle's school was ranked number one in Arkansas for literacy, based on last spring's testing and number two in the state with literacy and math. I feel like I can now understand the fullness of the situation--why I felt like we were in crisis mode with my "average" child. She's improving, by the way. Today's her first after-school tutoring with her teacher. Her teacher is providing lots of opportunities to make forward strides.

Anyone seen the new Capital One commercial with Jimmy Fallon? That baby is SO Birdie.

No comments:

Post a Comment