Monday, October 24, 2011

Hatin' and Lickin'

It's happened. Beatle told me "I hate you!" for the first time today (she's home for parent/teacher conferences). Luckily, it didn't sting as bad as I thought it would. You could call it a soft opening really because she was trying to decide if she did hate me or really love me and my crazy ways. We got T.P.ed (or "rolled" as they say in these parts) this past summer. I cleaned it all up, I thought, but as all of the leaves started falling, I saw that there was a full roll stuck up in the top of one of the trees. I got the broom out and dislodged it today. When it fell with a "thud", it occurred to me that it was still sopping wet from a rain we got two nights ago. In an instant, my eyes lit up because I realized that I had an over-sized spit-wad on my hands. Muhahaha! I nailed her a few times in the back before she reached the house. She was squealing and giggling and then she said it, part laughing, part angry.

She was watching a movie this morning about Beatrix Potter and said, "Ewwww!" I asked, "What was it?" from the other room. "She licked a stamp! Why would she do that?" That blew me away! She's of a totally different generation! The self-adhering stamp generation!

We got to have Nadya for a little while this weekend. Oh my goodness, we have missed her! She's walking now and it was so surreal when she'd just stand up and do it. We never knew a walking Nadya. The new foster family have dubbed her Emmy...don't get me started! But she'll always be Nadya to us. She looked at us hard for awhile after we got her but she really started loosening up after we got her in the house. She just cried and cried when she left us yesterday. Oh, it broke my heart! Poor kid; so many people coming and going. She's an insecure little sweetheart. While it reminded me of how stressful it is having two the same age, (it was better now that they can hold hands and walk into church together!) it reminded me of how much we loved her too. She'll always be special to us because she was our first foster baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment