Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Like a Sausage in Its Casing

So, Christmas came early for me. I asked my mom that, if it was all the same to her, I could put some workout clothes on the ol' family credit card since that's my new stay-at-home uniform these days. With me teaching some classes now and having a few races on the horizon, I really needed those things now instead of waiting till Christmas. (I mean, I have one pair of pants that sort of work and one sports bra and I work out 5 days a week...and I do laundry 1 day a week. Nuff said!) :) She thought it was a great idea until we both realized that my card had expired so she went shopping and brought me some things when they came to visit. She wanted me to do a fashion show like I was 12 again and we had just done back-to-school shopping. I was pretty embarrassed but I thought I could at least humor the little lady. I saw that she had gotten me a top that was a size smaller than I asked for but figured, what the heck, I'd give it a try. It was SO tight--showed everything I had and wished I didn't have! I peeked out around the corner and told her that there would be one we'd have to take back. I retreated quickly to the bedroom and peeled it off, feeling like my fashion show was started off on a bad foot and would end with me spiraling into self-loathing by the time my big finish came to Ke$ha's "Blow". When everything was back on the hangers and I had jumped back into my roomy lounge wear, I showed mom the top that definitely had to go back and she exclaimed that the top was for Beatle! That 12-14 was in KIDS SIZES! I felt so relieved!

Birdie has been so much more affectionate lately--Thank you, God! She's actually been a little sweet and cuddly...unless your name is Brent. I know she loves him but she really doesn't go out of her way to show him that. I feel bad for him because he wants to hold her or help me sometimes but she'll totally freak. I guess it's all this staying-at-home with her business. She'll come around. Her language skills are improving a lot. It's fun to know what she wants and to communicate with her more.

We had a great time at the cabin this weekend! After Birdie pooped in the hot tub, my sister was done with it but that didn't slow Brent and I down from having some date time in the hot, bubbly, poop juice. Haha!!!! Without family here or much money for sitters, we'll suffer through about anything to talk uninterrupted with each other!

Jasmine's been great; it was tricky having her at the cabin just because I didn't want her to disturb anyone's sleep. She sleeps great when we're home and not sharing a room with her. We've really enjoyed having her; it hasn't been a stressful as before. I've put her in daycare just to give me a chance to continue doing all of the things I have on my plate during the day but to also distance myself a little and give myself a chance to be excited to see her at the end of a day. The last two, Nadya and JJ, I had them at home with me all the time for the first month and doing that again, I'm afraid, would cause some burn-out issues I experienced both times. Plus, it sounds kind of cruel but right now, she's not my child and I don't want to throw myself in 100% and go through all the emotional ups and downs I've experienced before when the parents get involved. She's the cutest and sweetest thing ever! She's got a bad little tummy though but she should outgrow her reflux and she's going to be seen tomorrow about a hernia she has.

No comments:

Post a Comment