Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Tweet, tweet. Smell my feet. Give me something good to eat.

I did a kind of bad thing. Brent has been eagerly awaiting his Iphone 2000 or whatever you trendy people are carrying these days. I guess they got all back-ordered or something and it had to be shipped to him. Yesterday, he was coming home soon to pick me up to go somewhere and I was running around getting ready when the FedEx guy rang the doorbell. I signed for the package and laid it on the table. Then, I started thinking that if he saw the Iphone, we would be seriously delayed in our plans and our day would be consumed with talk about it. Blah. So, I hid it under his pillow...and really forgot about it. All midday we were together and I never thought to tell him it was in. He dropped me back off that afternoon and went back to work. I guess he checked on the tracking and saw where I had signed for it that morning. He called me fuming--not the way most people fume, but for Brent, he was fuming. He walked straight in, threw his pillow on the floor, took his phone and walked out saying, "All day and you never told me???" I already hate this Siri woman.

Last night was chaotic. I co-taught my first fitness class. I've been doing a running class/devotional time with a standard group but this was my first time to come up with the lesson plan myself, keep time to the music, wear the headset mic, maintain good form, and lead a class all on the gym floor. It was slightly terrifying. It wasn't at the beginning; sometimes I overestimate myself but when we were in the middle of the exercises and I starting to think that I'm not even sure I can finish them, that's when I started freaking a little. It's that moment when you realize that you could totally choke and no one can rescue you. Brent said the class was "exactly good. no more, no less." :) I like a man who can shoot it straight with me. I felt like it was awful but the take away was, there's always room for improvement! Anyways, right before all of that, I had a pirate and a cow to ready so (yeah, this is real bright) I gave my keys to a 6-year-old. Of course they were lost after my two classes. The night was full of a lot of splitting up, meeting back up, and exchanging keys. Brent, my hero, went back up to the church after trick-or-treating and found my keys! But, I can honestly say that we did have a great time with friends, even if Halloween was on a Monday night filled with already so many obligations. And once, Birdie figured out how the holiday worked, there was no stopping her. She was always anxious to get out of her stroller and to run with Bailey and Beatle to the next house. She'd say, "Tweett, Tweet." Get the candy and say "Ta-too" and run back to Brent and me.




Could this be one of the best days of my life? Possibly! Our neighbors across the street have been moving!!! We had our friends, Craig and Danielle, over Saturday and they were sitting at the table saying, "There go the box springs. There's the mattress. Look, there are chairs on the trailer." I struggle with this because I know I'm suppose to love my neighbors but I truly feel they are wreckless and dangerous. There was a shooting incident on our street last week that had me really worried. I didn't really tell anyone because I didn't want our parents to worry but I'm SO happy they are leaving! What relief! They have been the hub of all turmoil on this street since we moved in 2 1/2 years ago.

1 comment:

  1. i am so glad that we were there for the momentous occassion of the neighbors moving. i wish i had been there for your class! i know you did great!

    ReplyDelete