Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Just Say "No!" to the Veruca Salts of the World

We're going with a whack-a-doodle Christmas Card this year. It is ridiculously hard to get us all gussied, get great lighting and do the self-timer on our camera while we are in our forced "natural" poses. :) Look forward to getting it! It will probably go in the back of your Christmas card tree. Ha! However, I fear I didn't order enough. I'm probably going to have to pay shipping twice. Ugh! I hate it when I get click-happy!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends! Such a nice relaxing time. I really enjoy having help with the girls. Even Brent is able to be more engaged because he's on vacation. The ride there and back was suprisingly easy--crowded with all three in the backseat but minimal chaos. Although it will be different, it's nice to know that we are staying put for Christmas (and I already "ruined" Christmas when I was very pregnant with Birdie so it's easier the second time).

Brent and I wheeled into town very much in need of a date night. His parents watched the girls while we stepped out in Norman; nothing like revisiting your old stomping ground. We had some awesome gyros at The Greek House on Campus Corner and then tried Michaelangelo's Coffee and Chocolate on Main. We ended the night Seran Wrapping my sister's jeep in her driveway. It was awesome to retool our priorities, revisit goals and laugh together.

Beatle, since she was about a year old, has slept in the middle of my parents in their king size bed. This trip, Birdie joined them one night; I think it cramped Beatle's style because she told me expressively the next day, "Do you know this bed is made for three people and last night we had FOUR!"

I think Jasmine knew I was trying to be good at Thanksgiving because she waited until I had just started eating to dirty her diaper in a big, big way. I returned to my plate totally unappetized. But that didn't last long. I started muscleing through, you know, to be polite. And then she did it again right as I was getting seconds! It was over at that point.

We went Black Friday shopping. I don't know if I'll go again. When I was in Toys R Us, I couldn't believe my eyes. It was the most un-Christmasy thing I have ever seen. It looked like the beginning of the Grinch. I could just imagine all of those spoiled brats dictating what their parents get them like Veruca Salt from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Best Buy was better. We might save up and go get a TV next year on Black Friday but then, I think I'll just stay home and go online.

No comments:

Post a Comment