Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Surprise! Rotten Bananas for Lunch!

The other day, remarking about Baby Jasmine, Beatle said, "She cries to much for my paste." I love it when kids hear something wrong and repeat it. For years, I thought my dad was playing bollyball until it don-doned me that I was too old to not know what those words really were.

Yesterday when I was picking Beatle up from school, Mrs. Sligh told me her report card was in her backpack and then shot me a look with her laser eyes. I am a grown woman but I was scared to look at it and put it off until after dinner. Once again, we are BB (Below Basic) on her overall studies. On the back, the section with the "Conference Requested" option was not only checked but highlighted as well. I swallowed hard and wrote "No, thanks." Hahaha! No, I didn't but I seriously had to stop myself twice from doing it! I'm just conferenced out because I can tell you right now that we're not being called in to chat about how wonderful Beatle is. Instead, I'm going to leave feeling desperate, hopeless and like a failure. A change will be made this year and we are using this spring semester to research all our options; whatever it is though, I don't think Park and their International Baccalaureate (see, I can't even spell it without auto correct!?!) program is for us. We just want the best for our BB (and in our house, BB stands for Beautiful Beatle.)

Birdie now says, "I'm nack-nack!" when she's streaking around the house.

I've been on this zealous quest after Christmas to get more organized, as is a common goal for many. I was completely overwhelmed by the girls' playroom. Plus, Brent's parents gave us their TV armoire (which is awesome because we had the ugliest thing going on in that corner before) but we had our TV sitting on a desk so when we changed it, it displaced 8 junk drawers that had to be absorbed somewhere else in our home until organized. The girls' bedroom is a wreck because Birdie's transitioning from crib to bed and Brent brought home one of those gigantic cardboard playhouses that was used on stage in Children's Church. It was craziness but I've started my organizing and I'm feeling better already! Last week, with a $10 bill in my pocket, I went to poke around one of my favorite junk stores in town to see if I could do some repurposing. I asked if they had anything about 6 feet long that I could paint on and hang flat over one of our couches. The only thing she could think of were some folding closet doors. I only needed one but she told me she could sell me the pair (4 total) for $10. Hot diggity dog! That afternoon when I was thinking about the playroom, I realized that I wasn't using my walls at all and we needed shelves. Moment of genius! I have three other long, deep and light planks that we could paint and put brackets under and make into shelves! They worked perfectly!! Brent hung two for me and now all I have to do is find and paint baskets for a more uniformed look. Plus, we can get down one center at a time and when it's clean-up, they just have to throw everything in that basket and then we can break something else out. Oh, it looks so clean and there's floor space! Hip, hip hooray!

I don't know what the heck happened to me last week but Beatle went to school and opened her lunchbox and all that was in it was her trash and rotten banana peel from the day before! Haha! I couldn't believe I did that!! Poor Beatle, I bet she was shocked. Thankfully, she has an account in the lunch room.

This morning, Birdie was going to sit by Beatle for breakfast but then she just started pointing at Beatle and backing away from her like she was disgusted and horrified saying, "Ewwww! Ewww! Ewwww!". Beatle turns around and looks at me and Birdie and says, "What?" She had a little Hitler smoothie mustache. Haha! Like Birdie never gets anything on her face!

3 comments:

  1. Just tell BB's teacher that your inlaws think she is right on target, and she needs to lighten up and get a life. You are an amazing mom & dad and BB needs the opportunity to be a kid in the evenings!

    ReplyDelete