Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome 2012!

Resolutions...some people think they're jokes but I still make them. Obviously, if you say crazy things and then never make your way toward them, it's your fault, not the resolution's. I really just see them as goals; it's great if you do them, but if you didn't, nothing lost really.

Yesterday, I was on the trampoline with Beatle explaining what resolutions are and what the whole fuss about New Year's is. I asked her if she had any resolutions because I wanted to write mine, Brent's and hers down to keep for next year. I told her she could think about it for awhile but she said she knew what she wanted to do right then. "Grow closer with God and learn to speak Indian so someday I can go to Indiana and tell people about Jesus in their language." We've covered this before!! There aren't many actual Indians in Indiana! After reminding her of that fact, I was trying to feel her out to see how she felt about her body. I thought I was being really delicate and sneaky but then she said, "And, I guess lose weight since that's obviously what you want me to say." We both died laughing. I was totally busted and really embarrassed. But I told her, I just wanted to know how she felt and I thought she was fine and it's not like the doctor's said she needs to lose weight. And then she said, "Actually he has." Then, we laughed some more. I was like a sinking ship! I'm not saying another word. When we make changes, she can't help but change as well so we're just going to refocus. We know what to do, we just need to get back to doing it. One of the things I want to do is institute "The Supper Club" at our house; we'll see how it goes. We tried it at lunch today and it was fun. The rules: No second servings, one new convo topic each night, put your fork down and talk, we must take 20 minutes at the table. I just feel like we slurp everything down, barely taking time to breathe and then it's over just as quickly as it began. I'm hoping this can be something we look forward to and positively impact our eating habits. Of course, like anything else, I have to watch my expectations or it will turn into something from "Mommy Dearest".

Last night, the three of us stayed up to ring in the New Year with NYC. I like doing it that way...one extra hour of sleep and I don't feel like I missed anything. It was crazy though because all of the local channels were postponing the countdown for another hour but MTV and CNN were counting down with NYC. We were watching MTV while playing Skip-Bo (thanks McDonalds!) and Jason Dirulo was performing and then he stepped up to the camera and ripped his shirt off. Beatle just stared slack-jawed at the TV and then turned to us and asked incredulously, "What have I been missing???" I was wondering the same thing! :) Should watch MTV more often...

1 comment:

  1. Being on the being healthier road myself, I saw this idea you might like. Set out a vegetable tray while you're cooking dinner. Then while you're cooking you'll be munching on veggies and filling up on that before actual dinner gets there. I really want to try this. I know at least this Aragon would benefit!

    ReplyDelete