Saturday, June 12, 2010

Blood, Sweat and Tears (there's been a lot of that at our house this weekend)

Today has been nutso but let's start with yesterday...

We went out to Pizza Hut last night and we were fixing to leave when Beatle was scrambling to get her crocs back on (she kicks her shoes off everywhere!) She said, "Oh my gosh, I almost forgot my shoes and then I'd be homeless." bahaha! I don't even know what to say after that. :)

Then, we went for ice cream. Oh yes, it was a big night for the Roberts family! :) I gave Birdie an opportunity to taste and she was hooked on the junk instantly. She'd start whining and vocalizing when I'd take a lick and then when I'd put it in front of her, she'd start flapping her arms and kicking her legs, breathing in and out really fast. Then, after I moved it back and forth a few times between us to verify that she was most definitely after my ice cream, I'd give her another "lick" and she'd blink her eyes wildly. It was so funny. I love this chubby, wubby baby stage where they are interested in the things around them.

We drove around looking at lake houses, getting dirty looks from old men in Mercedes Benzs who knew we were just lolligaging in their neighborhoods, when Beatle was so exhausted she fell asleep in the car. (We stayed up late the night before and we're trying to cut out naps during the day because she won't get them in Kindergarten.) We got them home and in bed and started a movie. About an hour into it, Beatle gets up and is clearly sleepwalking. It was hysterical. There's just something so funny about sleeptalkers and walkers. Trying really hard to stifle our laughter, we directed her back to her bed. Then, around 7 this morning, she came charging out of her room like a rhino--stomping and snorting. Brent and I just looked at her bewildered. She finally got it out that her nose was bleeding right as we realized what was going on. And boy, was it! It took until noon for it to fully stop. She was supposed to go to a birthday party at a play place that morning but there was just no way. Of course, she was terribly disappointed and I was too. BR was outside mowing and when he came in for something, Beatle was crying because she couldn't go to the party and Birdie was crying because she wanted a bottle. I welcomed him to "the place of wailing and gnashing of teeth". haha! (Later, I showed Beatle the scene from "Strange Brew" when his nose starts bleeding in court to cheer her up. It worked. She kept saying with tissues jammed up her nose, "Beauty, eh?")

About a half hour later, BR comes running in from mowing, acting like a person with mental illness. It took us both a little while to realize that he had run over a ground hornets nest and had gotten stung 3 times. We've got a plan to get those jack...ets back. Tonight, we wage war!

2 comments:

  1. oh i am so thankful you are writing your blog... this made my day! miss you friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love crazy days! At least I love thinking about crazy days AFTER they've happened.

    (We're going to be gone to NM the last week of this month through July 3rd.)

    ReplyDelete