Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Even Christians have Butts

I have wonderful memories of going to Library programs growing up and park-hopping with my mom and sister in the summers. I want to give my daughters those warm, fuzzy memories too.

Yesterday, we went to the Library Reading Program Kick-off and I regret to say that I showed my butt a little. Understand that I chose to stay at home for many reasons and one of those was to open myself up to be able to minister to my family and others more freely. That can't happen if I'm openly pissed because I've got to get back in the same line another time because of miscommunication. But, it REALLY can't happen when I'm wearing a "Romans 10:9" shirt and my daughter is following me in around in a bright yellow "Jesus Approved" shirt. I was ashamed. It wasn't like I cussed, flipped tables, drew a fist back or anything but it definitely could have been handled with more grace. After I got back in line, it didn't take me long to be convicted. I asked God for forgiveness and I apologized to Beatle and explained when I was wrong. I also realized that by the nature of my husband's job, we do events all the time and it's darn near impossible to get all of the details right especially when the event is wide open to the public. I'm such a broken person and the only light I possess is God in me. And now, I'll probably be spending my whole summer trying to redeem myself at the library! (Once we did get going though, we did the most amazing tie-dye on an shirt for Beatle and onesie for Birdie! But because we were in the sun so long, Birdie got a little sunburn. I feel bad about that.)

I've written this entry over a few hours and hope it makes sense by this point. Being a working mom is hard for sure but I have been working like a dog since I've been home! :)

2 comments:

  1. yay!!!! for a blog. i sure miss you guys! this will make it better. alittle better. but better. we need you in oklahoma. NEED. love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) thanks danielle! we miss y'all too!!!

    ReplyDelete