Sunday, September 11, 2011

That's it! I quit!

I put in my two weeks notice to Brent. He said it would take a little longer to find another wife and mother. Although it means nothing, it was sure nice to feel like I held some cards for those few seconds after I announced that I quit. Birdie is at the age where I'd like to drop her off somewhere for several hours and laugh a little laugh as I left with the words, "good luck!" hanging in the room behind me. This age is the reason MOPS groups and mother's day outs were created! She's a busy little birdie. And while I drop her off at nursery, I'm off to teach a class of 3-year-olds or go workout...not exactly a cake walk. Last Thursday, I went to the church office to fax some stuff and found out I was there just in time for FBC Preschool's chapel service so Birdie and I went down to support Brent. It was wild watching them file in, knowing that as early as next year, after I send Birdie to school, I can FINALLY lay around smoking cigarettes and watching soaps all day! Haha! Brent seemed to have some other ideas of what I'll be doing...silly boy.

Friday night we had all my old co-workers and their families over. I miss them! It's crazy to think that you spend so much time with these people and then, nothing. We had a great time catching up!

Beatle started playing the violin. Our church is offering free lessons and a free violin to use for a semester as she practices. Her best friend's dad says that they could get a better sound from twisting a cat. Haha! But, she sure is excited. When I see her walking around, carrying that violin case, her purple glasses on, shoes on the wrong feet, wild clothes on that she picked out herself, and a big toothless smile, I can't help but think that if I were 6-years-old too, Bailey would have some serious competition for a best friend. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment