Friday, May 14, 2010

The Beatle and Birdie Beginning

I would start at the very beginning, a very good place to start, but for Beatle I'd be trying to catch you up 5 years and for Birdie, 4 months. Despite being all over FB, my husband has asked for our daughters to have anonymity on this blog since it will be dedicated just to them and their hilarious and insightful stories. I agree. I guess these days it doesn't hurt to be extra cautious. So, let's get to it.

The names...Beatle's is self-dubbed. When she was about 2-years-old, she couldn't pronounce her name and the closest she could come was "Beatle". It stuck. And, for Birdie, she just reminds me of a baby bird when she wants to eat, so dependent on me. (My girls have tons of nick-names. I can't help but create new ones all the time!)

Let me introduce them to you (but if you are reading this, you probably already know them well). Beatle is a precocious pre-Ker who is articulate, self-reliant and hysterical! I've been told time and time again that I need to be documenting her stories and I've journaled some but hopefully this can be a good outlet for such as well as an opportunity to be able to share those with family and friends far away. Birdie, obviously at 4 months, isn't doing or saying much that is as entertaining but she will be soon enough! Plus, the girl's got the best smile ever! The floor manager at her daycare put it the best when she said that Birdie is "like a flower that blooms" when she smiles and she "smiles with her whole body". Surely, it would melt even the hardest heart.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are doing this. You are one of the best story tellers I know. I can't wait to hear all the stories I've been missing out on back her in OK.
    It made me smile that B didn't want the girls names out there. When we had Xangas he made you take that after bath picture of Beatle off your profile. Remember that? Why do both of our husbands fear the internet so much? :)

    ReplyDelete