Monday, May 31, 2010

Silky Overalls

Soooo happy to see my girls again! And we had a fabulous weekend with my family. All is right again in the world! :)

No boys that I know of follow my blog so I feel at liberty to share this story. Being pregnant and nursing, I've gone through a few top-floor undergarments if you know what I mean. In our house, we call them overalls. :) This started when we went to Disney World last year and Beatle got a hug from Ariel and afterward said, "Ow. Her purple overalls were hard when she hugged me." Ever since then I haven't corrected her...it's too cute. And, also when she runs around blabbing to people about my overalls, they won't have a clue and I won't be as embarrassed. Anyway, Beatle is an extremely crafty child. She loves making things for people or cards/invitations for her friends. Today, an under wire popped out of my overalls (owww!) so I threw them away--there's no repairing that. A few hours later, she went to the trash can to throw something else away and was shocked that I threw my overalls away--proclaiming they were the prettiest overalls in the world and how she was disappointed that I threw them away. The funniest part to me was she pleading with me to get them out of the trash because she was insistent that she could make something out of them. I probably should have let her because what, oh what, would the possibilities have been??? :) Alright, next time some overalls go bad, I'll let her and if it's as interesting as I think it will be, I'll blog about it.

2 comments:

  1. Just have to let you know this- I read this this past week. Today I was searching around the house getting ready and I asked myself outloud, "Where are my dang overalls?" I just about died laughing because 1)I was talking to myself about bras and 2)I quoted Brendle's nickname for them. I think its going to stick here at our house!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! isn't it a wonderfully modest new word? i'm glad it's sticking!

    ReplyDelete