Sunday, May 16, 2010

Breath and Booty-Butts

This first post is going to be pretty crazy. By far, it is the most outrageous thing to date I think that Beatle has shared with me. Getting a little off track, let me say that I absolutely cherish the fact that she tells me things. When she starts something with, "Momma, can I tell you something?" I know it's going to be good; something is on her heart and she wants me to listen up. I'm fully aware that in 10 or so years conversations like those may be few and far between so I'm trying to soak it up. The other day after that favorite question, she confided in me that her and this [ridiculously wild] boy at school have a club but before you can get into it you have to smell each others' breath. Wow.

Ok, back to the crazy story...I was being Beatle's "friend" in the bathroom and sitting on her stepstool while she was sitting on the throne. She asked her question and then when I said, "Yes." She told me that this was a secret. I'm sure I physically set up a little straighter and leaned in closer. "Yes???" I led. She began talking to me about how her friend Franny was the best friend to her in the whole wide world. Ok, I know that. What's the big secret, I was wondering. Then she started saying how her and Franny go into the bathroom together when they are at school. I knew that because Beatle's got in trouble for it at school before and I got a note from the teacher. At the time, I thought it was innocent and just because the two loved to gab and play together and why should they stop just because one has to go? But then she said that Franny "helps" her in the bathroom and my mind went through a worrisome jog even though I was trying to be cool on the outside and lead her to this big secret. "Well, Franny's my best friend in the whole world! When we're at school and I have to go to the bathroom, she goes in with me and helps me. When I go potty-dah, she wipes my butt. And, then when she goes, I wipe her butt. It really is perfect because I can't see my own butt. I'm so glad to have a friend like Franny!" I about fell off the stepstool laughing. Those two are way TOO close! But, I guess she is pretty lucky because I've never had a friend that close before! :) (Obviously, we talked in depth about how that's not Franny's job because everyone needs to take care of their own booty-butts.)

Birdie has a lot of hair; it's sooo cute. Anywho, we went on our first family Jeep ride the other night to go get a snow-cone and to look at pretty houses. When we got back home, her hair was hysterical! It looked like a cross between Danny Zuko from Grease and Don King! She's also just started laughing those deep, big belly laughs--precious.

BR's family came to visit last weekend and him and his dad went to Sam's to get some stuff for us to eat and one of the things that they brought home was this sack with about 8 onions inside. His family I think had planned to take them home but forgot them and there was no way we could eat all those onions by ourselves so we were going to take them up to the church to give away. Now most of y'all reading this know that Beatle is a billy goat, she will eat anything, anywhere and the poor girl lives at least one meal ahead of herself. BR was taking Beatle to school and the sack of onions were in the Jeep and he said she began pestering and downright begging for an onion. She kept saying she wanted to eat it right then and there. (She can be unrelenting.) So, finally, he was going to call her bluff and he said she could have one as long as she took a huge bite of it. She did! And then she took another one and another one! She was riding around in the Jeep, going to school, after a full breakfast, eating an onion just like you would an apple. Haha! BR said that later when she was talking to him, his eyes couldn't help but water. I bet if her and that boy had their club meeting on the playground, it was probably their last! haha!

2 comments:

  1. I seriously can just imagine her chomping into that thing! Yuck-ola! I bet BRs nose hairs were curling when she gave him goodbye kisses that day!

    ReplyDelete