Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My Beautiful, Hungry Girl

Aunts, uncles and cousins far-away send complicated little toys with a million pieces or annoying sounds that are always a big hit to the kid but leave the parents wondering how they are going to manage playtime with these wonderous new additions to the home. Play make-up for girls is another one on the list. It drives my husband crazy when our daughter gets into hers right before we need to walk out the door and she's leaving looking like a floozy. (He usually makes her wipe it off.)

We had family pictures done recently and they just got posted to FB. I was excited and wanted Beatle to see hers because she looked wonderful--a perfect snapshot of her sweet, little face. She said emphatically upon seeing it, "I am beautiful!" Then with a deep sigh of reflection, she states, "I can see why y'all don't want me to wear make-up. There's just no reason for it." :) You are absolutely right, Beatle. Don't let the world ever rob you of your joy in the Lord's perfect creation.

To preface, remember my statement about Beatle being a billy-goat? She is SO persistent about food! Yesterday, she came home talking about how her elderly pre-K teacher "donked her in the head with a can of mayonaise" because she thought Beatle was eating lunch before they prayed. haha! I have no sympathy for her. First off, she probably was trying to and secondly, she garnered that reputation for a reason!

1 comment:

  1. I agree with Beatle! I saw the pictures of her- the close up, but not close-close up is my favorite. Her hair looks so grown up and she is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete